Today we went to the Spina Bifida Clinic. I was so glad Megan had the day off and could go with me so I didn't have to worry about finding my way around the hospital. Luca
really did great all things considered! He cried through the whole sonogram but the nurse didn't really try talking to him so he was not happy. Poor buddy. He actually did better with the catheter. The nurses were a lot better and played with him.
We got good news in the afternoon from the doctors. His bladder is emptying properly, which is good and his
kidneys look normal. The pediatric neurosurgeon suggested we get an MRI
to get a better look at his head and spine. That is scheduled for October 14. I will start doing some
physical therapy with his legs and feet to stretch him out and give him a
little better range of motion. I was able to get into an appointment with the
orthopedic doctor at another clinic next Monday. That is great because
Luca's appointment with him wasn't until October 11th! Hopefully we can get started right away getting his foot in the right position and helping him start to walk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment