Today Luca had a follow up appointment with his orthopedic doctor. He hasn't seen him since he got his brace. This was the first time he has seen him walk. He decided to take x-rays since Luca walks with a little limp and is a bit unsteady. The good news is his legs are the same length. Unfortunately he has to have surgery on his hip. His hip socket is not formed properly so the bone is not fitting in it as it should. He will be in the hospital 2-3 nights and will have casts down to the knee on both legs with a bar in between...for a month. Yikes! He is a little trooper so I know he will come through this one just as well as the others. I know the end result will be worth it. The surgery is scheduled for May 20.
Here are a few pictures I snapped the other day. I could kiss those cheeks all day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment